Last updated: 31 May 2022
WE TAKE PROTECTION OF YOUR PRIVACY SERIOUSLY. WE WILL SAFEGUARD YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND NOT DISCLOSE OR SELL YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION (PII).
1. Information We Collect and How We Use It
We may store the information you submit to or through the Applications, as well as information we collect in connection with your use of the Applications. We use the information to fulfill your requests, provide the Applications' functionality, improve the Applications' quality, personalize your experience, track usage of the Applications, provide feedback to businesses that are listed on the Applications, display relevant advertising, provide customer support, message you, back up our systems and allow for disaster recovery, enhance the security of the Applications, and comply with legal obligations.
Among the information we collect, please note:
- Account Information: If you create an account with us, we may store and use your full name, email address, zip code and other information you may provide with your account, such as your gender and birth date. Your first name and last initial, as well as any photo you submit through the registration process, will be publicly displayed as part of your account profile. If you feel that an unauthorized account has been created depicting you or your likeness, you can send us a request for its removal.
- Public Content: The information that you post to the Applications is intended for public consumption, including your reviews, tips, photos, check-ins, comments, likes, Talk posts, bookmarks, lists, compliments, and account profile. We may display this information on the Applications, share it in aggregate with businesses, and further distribute it to a wider audience through third party sites and services.
- Contacts: If you invite a friend to join and connect with you on the Applications, we may transmit your friend's contact information to one of our servers, and retain that information long enough to process the request.
- Communications: When you sign up for an account, you are opting in to receive emails from other Elegantra users, businesses, and Elegantra itself. Note that you cannot opt out of receiving certain administrative or legal notices from Elegantra. If you send information from the Applications to your phone via SMS text message, we may log your phone number, phone carrier, and the date and time that the message was processed. Carriers may charge recipients for texts that they receive.
- Activity: We may store information about your use of the Applications, such as your search activity, the pages you view, the date and time of your visit, and the businesses you visit using our mobile applications. We also may store information that your computer or mobile device provides to us in connection with your use of the Applications, such as your browser type, type of computer or mobile device, browser language, IP address, mobile carrier, unique device identifier, location, and requested and referring URLs.
2. Third Parties
We may share information about you with third parties as follows:
- Advertisers: Advertisers may be able to associate the information they collect with other information they have about you from other sources. Please note that opting out does not prevent the display of advertisements to you.
- Service Providers: Some of the services that are offered through the Applications, may be provided by third-party providers. We may also outsource some of Elegantra's functions to third-party providers, such as technical and customer support, and other services. We may share information from or about you with these third-party providers so that they can perform their services or complete your requests.
- Aggregate Information: We may share user information in the aggregate with third parties, such as advertisers and content distributors. For example, we may disclose the number of users that have been exposed to, or clicked on, advertisements.
- Investigations: We may investigate and disclose information from or about you if we have a good faith belief that such investigation or disclosure is necessary to comply with legal process and law enforcement instructions.
- Links: The Applications may contain links to unaffiliated third party websites. Except as set forth herein, we do not share your personal information with them, and are not responsible for their privacy practices. We suggest you read the privacy policies on all such third party websites.
- Facebook: If you are logged into Facebook, and you access but are not logged into the Applications, we may receive information from Facebook to make it easier for you to create an account on the Applications and show you relevant content from your Facebook friends. This information personalizes your experience and helps you create an account with Elegantra. We use the information to help you connect and share public content with your friends and followers.
3. Controlling Your Personal Data
Other users may be able to identify you, or associate you with your account if you include personal information in the content you post publicly. You can reduce the risk of being personally identified by using the Applications pseudonymously, though doing so could detract from the credibility of your contributions to the Applications.
You may request deletion of your personally identifiable information (PII) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org sent from the email address associated with your account. Upon deletion of PII, your account will stop working.
4. Data Retention
The Applications are intended for general audiences and is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us here.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during
transmission and once we receive it.
Credit Card information: All of the credit card information collected through our app is transmitted via industry standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) to a PCI compliant third party vault. We don't store any part of the credit card sensitive authentication data (SAD) in our systems.
7. Refund Policy
All sales through Joyous app are final and no refunds will be issued. The merchant has no obligation to provide refunds. Contact them directly for refund questions.
8. Dispute Resolution
The information we obtain from or about you may be processed and stored in the United States, which may provide for different data protection rules than the country in which you reside.